a) it's a nice and simple poster. b) rick is a godo guy, why the hate? sheeesh. c) i thought this photo was funny and a joke on all of the "man why are there HANDS and HEADS in poster jpgs here maaaaaaaaannnn??" posts and such over the past year. therefore, joke's on you and you didn't even know it. goobers.
I guess I'll address this.
1) Yeah, that might be someone's mom. It's a snapshot from a set taken in the early sixties of this fairly cool-looking Mod-ish couple. I have no idea who she is, but she made for a nice halftone. I think she fits the band pretty well - particularly since the call was for "No more chixxx and guns and tits"
2) The poster is three colors: A flood of silver, with black and trans'ed red over the top. It printed on 100# Knightcoat Matte - the best paper I've found for heavy coverage unless you're looking at double-thick cover stock.
3) Because there's so much ink on the poster, it was curling pretty badly. We tried to take pictures of it flat and it wasn't looking right at all. I suppose I could have just uploaded a JPEG of the original art, but you don't see metallics very well that way. That may, however, explain why you're reading "Covras"
4) So I - yes, ME - I held the poster up to deal with the curl. The intention was to crop in to just the poster itself, but I thought I looked SO RIDICULOUS that I posted it as-is. I'm not so insecure that I can't laugh at myself; I know I look goof-ass.
5) However, I don't think that justifies calling me a "Dumb Fucker". Then again, anyone who makes that his first comment on GP *and* has a profile picture of himself with a faux-hawk pretty much disqualifies himself from commenting about anyone or anything.
6) For my friends? Which friends are those?
I read The Detroit Covras at first as well. Weird. Sometimes images are images but she does look like someone's Mom which is a pretty loaded image if there ever was. Especially since it is the only poster that shows the artists face holding up the poster if that is the artist at all.
I'm THINKING it's an acronym for "For Your Friends," meaning the poster doesn't fit the band - a statement I don't necessarily agree with.
I would take his comment with a grain of salt, though - dude's a "Kauk Snaut."