This poster is fucking boring. On a totally different subject, I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that I've had ssex with four different girls in four different states in the last 10 days.
Thanks for listening.
seriously though... what the fuck is that broken condom thing in the middle of SP and OON. and like only 1 barb has a weird drop shadow. is that a printing error or "artistic liscence"?
and the top barbed wire thing like just ends... huh
i just found out this poster is a fake, and the band doesnt exist, and the art is stolen from brian ewing, and they sold it before the show even happened, and it was printed with icing rather than ink!
"And yep, I work with him (pedroG) but it doesn't mean his actions are mine. Or that i agreed with them, but he is in seniority of me and i can't just say hey man knock it off your being an asshole. "
- famous drunk celebrity
Yeah, thought I was the first designer to put a chick on a poster w/ some text. And there so similar too. Man am I embarassed.
"Change the name, i'm not kidding"
Go to B-Side you'll see it there. Oh, B-Side is a record store on state street. Yeah this is Chantry. I decided to do a poster for Spoon in Madison, WI cause I didn't want to wait one more night til they came to St. Louis. Ya got me! Gigs up! Oh that was fun while it lasted. WTF?
what's with the xoxo shit? Ok Art... whatever... and NO, I'm not kidding... Never saw them at the show... and neither did anyone I was with who've been following this post... I'll leave it be. take care.
For real. I'm not gettin' into this. Doolittle yer full o' shit. It is a good way to send this post to 300 though. Check all the record stores, and coffee shops, and are you serious about not seein' 'em at the show? They were sittin on the merch table after the encore. Sold a bunch. I'd have saved one just for you if you would have told me. xoxo
Doolittle sez: "If a gigposter isn't used to advertise the show, then technically it isn't a gigposter is it?"
Ha, the age-old question. I think you'd be shocked to know how many posters on this site were never used for promotion. It has become an environment of "commemorative prints". Maybe gigposters.com should have a tagline that says "and commemorative prints". Wouldn't hurt.
Yeah, it was pretty packed, but surprisingly, I don't think it was technically sold out. I don't mind the Annex normally, but because it was 18 and up we couldn't drink in there! That terribly sucked! Even Spoon was making cracks about the situation.
I mean, what's a rock show without drinking? So they asked the crowd where they should have played instead. Everyone's pulling for the High Noon Saloon.
Alright, went to this show last night. It was excellent. I STILL however, didn't see this poster there or ANYWHERE in this tiny city.
If a gigposter isn't used to advertise the show, then technically it isn't a gigposter is it?
So, it's kind of like, all of this was for nothing. oh well.
1/2 cup pine NUTS
8 ounces cream cheese, SOFTENED; or reduced-fat or nonfat cream cheese, if desired
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
10 fresh FIGS, washed, stems removed
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. SPREAD the pine NUTS on a baking sheet and bake 8-12 minutes until the NUTS are lightly toasted. Remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
2.In a small bowl, combine the CREAM cheese, cooled pine NUTS, orange zest and pepper, mixing until SMOOTH.
3. Slice each fig in half lengthwise. Press about a tablespoon of the CREAM cheese mixture into the cut side of each fig half.
4. Makes 20 stuffed figs; one per serving
this was some of the best reading that's appeared on this site in several days. i laughed until tears were running down my face, and that's not just because i'm going stark raving mad or anything. y'all are some funny motherfuckers.
I am not Canadian, I wish I weren't a "designer" sometimes. The rip on Canadian celebrities was just that, a rip on Candian Celebrities not on Canada in general, i mean c'mon SUM 41. It all just snowballed into a hiatus that can only happen on this site. To all those that posted comments on the poster good or bad, thank you. To all those that posted completely irrelavent but funny ass comments, thank you too. It all made for a good time. Are we at 200 yet?
I am Canadian. I am a designer. I like natural resources and i like GP.com. As for the poster, i'm thinking it's got good focus and type treatment on the word spoon, but i'm not a huge fan of the b&w inks and i think the stars are pretty random and irrelivant (but i do random and irrelivant stuff with my designs all the time).
The Sleds of Hate
Patent Leather Pending
the Aviary Contraption
The Gigantic Enemies of Printfaking
Nocturnal Emissions Showprint
Attention: I have just registered the following names:
The Little Pals of Picture Making
The Tiny Chums of Screenprinting
The Li'l Dudes of Works on Paper
Little Doodz of Silkscreen, The
Small Buddies of the Printed Poster
Itty Bitty Buddies of Printmaking
Little Printmaking Duders
Your Printmaking Friends
Friendly Poster Pygmies
Puny Poster Palz
Shrimpy Poster-Making Shrimps
Micro-Muchachos de Serigraphia
The Incredible Shrinking Friends of Printmaking
DO YOUR WORST, FUCKERS
It's shrimp, it's bacon, it's cheese; what's not to like? It's one of the latest tasty appetizers on the Red Lobster menu, and now you can dupe it at home. Find some large shrimp, a wooden skewer, and cook the bacon about halfway to done before you begin. Mix up a clone of Red Lobster's top secret seasoning and the cilantro-ranch dipping sauce, and you're minutes away from scarfing down a delectable dish that's meant to be a teaser for what's to come. Looks like you'd better make the main coarse a real doozy.
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
dash ground black pepper
dash cayenne pepper
1/3 cup ranch dressing
1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
(or 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced cilantro)
5 pieces bacon
5 large shrimp
3 slices fresh jalapeno
1 ounce pepper jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Make the seasoning blend by combining the ingredients in a small bowl. Set this aside.
3. Make the dipping sauce by combining the ranch dressing with cilantro in a medium bowl.
4. Cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium/high heat, but don't cook it all the way to crispy. You want undercooked bacon that, when cool, will easily wrap around the shrimp. Cook the bacon about 3 minutes per side, and don't let it brown. When the bacon is done lay it on paper towels to drain and cool.
5. Shell the shrimp, leaving the last segment of the shell and the tail. Remove the dark vein from the back of the shrimp, and then cut down into the back of the shrimp, without cutting all the way through, so that the shrimp is nearly butterflied open. This will make a pocket for the pepper and cheese.
6. Pour 1 cup of water into a small bowl. Add the shrimp and jalapeno peppers and microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. Shrimp should be starting to firm up and change color. Immediately pour the water out of the bowl, remove the jalapeno slices and pour cold water over the shrimp. Place the the shrimp and jalapeno pepper slices onto paper towels to drain off excess water.
7. Build the appetizer by cutting the jalapeno slices in half and removing the seeds. You should now have 6 jalapeno slices -- you'll need 5 of these. Place one slice into the slit on the back of a shrimp. Cut an inch-long chunk of cheese (about 1/4-inch thick), and place it on the jalapeno slice. Wrap a piece of bacon around the shrimp, starting where the cheese is. Start wrapping with the thinnest end of the bacon. Go 1 1/2 times around the shrimp and then cut of the excess bacon and slide a skewer through the shrimp, starting with the end where the cheese is and piercing the cut end of the bacon on the other side. Repeat with the remaining shrimp and slide them onto the skewer with the tails facing the same direction.
8. Put the skewer onto a baking sheet or broiler pan and sprinkle a very light coating of the seasoning blend over the shrimp, then broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until the bacon begins to brown and the cheese begins to ooze. Serve over a bed of rice if desired. Feed the left over bacon pieces to the dog while you scarf out on the shrimp.
Serves 2 as an appetizer.
If you like Big Macs, it's probably because of that tasty "secret" spread that is plopped onto both decks of the world's most popular double-decker hamburger. So what's so special about this sauce? After all, it's basically just thousand island dressing, right? Pretty much. But this sauce has a bit more sweet pickle relish in it than a typical thousand island salad slather. Also, I found that this clone comes close to the original with the inclusion of French dressing. It's an important ingredient - ketchup just won't do it. That, along with a sweet & sour flavor that comes from vinegar and sugar, makes this sauce go well on any of your home burger creations, whether they're Big Mac clones or not. This is the closest "special sauce" clone you'll find anywhere.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons French dressing
4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon finely minced white onion
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well.
2. Place sauce in a covered container and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight, so that the flavors blend. Stir the sauce a couple of times as it chills.
Makes about 3/4 cup.
Interesting that you say "designer" phila. It reminds me of the time that I was thinking about the orginal hanging out with designare from the Latin and influenced primarily both parties respectable naysayer. Ha ha, those were terrific times before the fall represented by the leaf.
Take it or leave it but that's the truth.
This guy should change his name.
Wow. Never meant any of this. I'm glad you finally asked something about the poster though. Its based on one of thier demos for the upcoming album called the song is called "I summon you". It's based around and addressed to a female. One of the lyrics is "strapped up soldiers, they'll lock you in a cage." The song has sort of a dark undertone. You can exale now. I f you haven't seen the poster around madison keep looking and yep, you can see it at the show. Or buy it if you'd like.
S.Blake 2004-06-21 11:05:03
Canada should close the boarder on the U.S.A.
Then we can keep our natural resources to our selves! Free trade! Now that's the BIGGEST joke of all.. well, next to Bush being in office."
thats just so dumb, i really dont have a comeback.
i'm not insecure .
your backhanded dismsal of canadians didn't exactly win you any points is all.
i REALLY advise you to use
"lil buddies of poster making"
james and meliass really like that kinda stuff.
Whoa Whoa Whoa! Let's not asscociate anyone else with the creation of this poster. And I have been NOTHING but decent to you. Let's not mistake who's freaking the fuck out here. Your first post may have been a joke and My first post was an apology for a coincidence. The name seemed funny at 3:00 in the morning and had NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. I was simply going to change out the names of submitted by: and fill them with names Like Ashton Kutcher and shit like that. Thought it would be a good running gag. I am one person that just made up the name last night. Take it easy and stop being so insecure.
Quote: YOU CANADIAN F*CKS SHOULD GET OVER YOURSELVES
Quote: WHAT A CROCK OF CANADIAN IDIOCY
What does being Canadian have to do with anything in relation to this argument? I sounds to me as though you're using the word CANADIAN as though it is some durogatory slang.
Compose yourself. You lose credibility when you start yelling and insulting.
LAST TIME I CHECKED Serigraphy IS A WORD IN THE ENGLISH DICTIONARY, MR. SERIPOP. YOU CANADIAN F*CKS SHOULD GET OVER YOURSELVES. WHILE YOUR OWN ART IS RATHER NICE, YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY ONE OF THOSE ELITIST, LOOK AT ME I AM SO PRETTY AND POPULAIRE SORTS. YOU SHOULD GET OVER YOURSELF. AS FOR YOUR LAWYER, WHAT A CROCK OF CANADIAN IDIOCY.
Well, the name was supposed to be a joke and in no realtion to yours, like i said, i never thought of it. Not an established corporation tryin' to steal your shine. Just making posters and tryin' to make a joke. And Nah, not a condom, its an flipped silhouette with a star also over the eye.
Oh man! Never thought of it. Kinda funny that we're listed right next to you alphabetically. By the way, You we're mentioned and debated on viceland.com in the BY DESIGN section, the link is on the left side of the page under regulars. My only defense, if I had to think of one, would be that Canadian celebrities aren't necessarily populaire, or even liked all that much, so really we've got not relation.